Friday, May 20, 2011

Expectations

Today what's on my heart is expectations.

I expect alot....

alot out of others, events, and mainly myself.

While it's not bad to have goals or to strive towards something, God is showing me that it is stress inducing to expect so much all the time.

I heard once...

"Expect less, Get more"


I truly believe this because when I expect so much, it usually ends in disappointment and a sense of failure.

So I guess you could say that I need to look at the cup half full.


Not putting so many expectations on myself and situations relieves the pressure of having to be perfect.

So I'm going to continue praying for God to allow me to enjoy what he gives me and see the beauty in things.

And if the pressure of doing so much isn't there...in the end...there will always be JOY with myself and what I accomplished!


Link up with What's on Your Heart.





No comments: