Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recipe & A Cooking Tip

Here it is!
Here's the recipe for the pavlova log that a few of you wanted from my last post.

Also, I wanted to give you all a cooking tip!

Have you ever been frustrated with trying to hold the pan with one hand and scoop out the grease with the other hand when attempting to drain ground beef? I have!!

The pan gets heavy, you tilt it too high and all the meat falls back down in the grease, you spill it, and the list goes on...

Well, with this little trick that my mom taught me, my life has been easier and all my ground beef draining problems have been solved!

Here's what the set-up looks like:


You simply put the pan on some pot holders and put a wooden spoon underneath one side of the pan.


You then push all of the meat to the high side that has the spoon under it, and all of the grease will drain down to the other side!



You're left with a hands-free set-up that allows you to neatly and comfortably drain your meat! Just scoop out the grease and you're done. Simple as that!


Hope this tip makes your life easier like mine! ;)



1 comment:

Allison said...

that tip is genius!