The one thing in life that I struggle with the most is slowing down enough to find joy. I feel as though I am constantly working my way through a never ending list of things to get done. I have been reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.
In the book she says,
"I don't want more time; I just want enough time."
This is how I feel, as though I NEVER have enough time. By reading the book though I realize that in order to feel that I have enough time, I have to slow down, and find joy in the present.
I can't constantly be worried about what I need to do in the future, but live in the right now.
"I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment. ...always looking for the next glimpse of glory."
"The real problem of life is never a lack of time. The real problem of life -in my life- is lack of thanksgiving."
Basically, giving thanks to God for all of the little blessings He gives us in the present is where we find joy.
"Thanksgiving creates abundance; and the miracle of multiplying happens when I give thanks - take the just one loaf, say it is enough, and give thanks - and He miraculously makes it more than enough."
"Thanksgiving makes time."
In the book, she expresses her thanksgiving by writing down all of the day to day blessings, and gives thanks for them.
So here's my list so far...
1. The way my puppy smells after he's been sleeping.
2. Early morning kisses on the forehead.
3. A freshly washed, make-upless face.
4. Windchimes blowing in the wind.
5. Snuggling under a blanket when it's raining.
6. Getting to put on my wedding ring when I get out of the shower.
7. Coffee in my favorite coffee cup.
8. Clean towels warm out of the dryer.
9. New buds opening up on my rose bush.
10. Yarn in my fingers while crocheting.
I'm linking up with Casey.